Download and install Cardbox
Latest version: Build 4408 (28-May-2014).
Use this page if you are installing Cardbox for the first time and also if you are updating Cardbox to the latest build. Here is how to check your build number.
Choose your download
If you haven't used Cardbox before, get the download with the sample databases.
If you already know Cardbox, or if you're upgrading an existing installation, get Cardbox on its own.
Click on the button for the installation you have chosen.
- Internet Explorer will ask you whether you want to run the file cardbox-setup.exe or save it. We recommend that you choose "Run", because it's simplest.
- Once you have chosen "Run", the file will be downloaded.
- Internet Explorer will ask you again whether you want to run it. Choose "Run", and the installation will begin.
- Firefox will ask you if you want to save the file cardbox-setup.exe. Choose "Save File". The Downloads window will open, showing you the progress of the download.
- When the download is complete, an entry for cardbox-setup.exe will appear at the top of the Downloads window. Double-click on it.
- Depending on your security settings, Firefox may ask you to confirm that you want to launch the executable file. Choose "OK".
- Finally, it will ask you if you really want to run the downloaded file. Choose "Run", and the installation will begin.
Note for Cardbox 3.0 users
Your installation of Cardbox 3.1 replaces your previous installation of Cardbox 3.0.
The installer does not alter any existing shortcuts you may have or change their name. So if you have any "Cardbox 3.0" shortcuts, their name will not change but they will now act as shortcuts to Cardbox 3.1.
The installer will offer to create "Cardbox 3.1" shortcuts for you. If you accept its offer, any existing "Cardbox 3.0" shortcuts will be redundant and you can delete them whenever you want.
How to check your build number
Alternatively, you can use Windows Explorer. Move the mouse onto the cardbox3.exe program file, right-click and select "Properties" from the menu that appears, then look at the Version tab of the Properties box. With some versions of Windows you don't even need to click: just hold the mouse over the filename for a few moments and the version information will appear.
A list of the most recent builds of Cardbox is here.